The DAAcademy catalogue introduces European documentary film in a wide variety of creative approaches and topics. It includes acclaimed filmmakers of world documentary cinema (Michael Glawogger, Jörgen Leth, Helena Třeštíková and others) as well as contemporary films selected from recent editions of European documentary film festivals. Each film is accompanied by a unique film lesson analysing the film language as well as the way in which the filmmakers develop the film’s topic. The films and lessons are designed for teachers at secondary schools and universities.
1) If you are a teacher or a student, please, register.
2) After logging in, you will have access to the entire catalogue of films and lesson plans:
- The lesson plans are designed for the entire film. It is necessary to watch the entire film before the lesson.
- The films can be streamed in MP4 360p format.
- Select the subtitle language by clicking on the “CC” icon in the lower right corner of the streaming window.
- To choose a suitable film, use the keywords in “related fields of study”, “related topics” and “film terms glossary”.
- The lesson plans can be used both online (playing clips from the film, online links to related information, interconnection with the film terms glossary) and offline (PDF format for download).
- The film lessons can be used individually or continuously within a regular film group or seminar.